Giftpoint - Data Privacy
Giftpoint Limited needs to gather and use certain information about individuals. We are committed to protecting your personal data and we respect your privacy. This privacy notice will inform you about the type of personal data we collect; through the use of our sites, any data you may provide when you sign up for a newsletter, make an enquiry, purchase a product, enter into a contract with us, supply us with a product, open an account with us or correspond with us by phone, email or otherwise and how we at Giftpoint Limited use, disclose and protect that information.
Our data protection representative is responsible for overseeing questions in relation to this privacy notice. If you have any questions about this privacy notice, including any requests to exercise your legal rights, please contact us using the details below.
The data we collect
• Identity data; including title, first name, middle name, surname and job title
• Contact data; including billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers
• Financial data; including bank account and payment card details and invoice address
• Transaction data; including payments to and from and purchase history
• Profile data; including username and passwords
We will not collect any special categories of personal data about you. This includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data. We do not collect any data about criminal convictions and offences.
How we collect your data
• Direct interactions; you may give us your identity, contact and financial data by face to face meeting or corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise
• You open an account with us
• You enter into a contract with us
• You place an order with us
• You create an account on our websites
• Subscribe to our newsletters
• Request marketing to be sent to you
• Supplied to fulfil a marketing requirement (for example a gift is sent to you at our customers request)
• Third parties or publicly available sources
• Identity and contact data from data brokers or aggregators
• Identity and contact data from publicly available sources such as Companies House and the Electoral Register based inside the EU
How we use your data
We will only use your personal data as the law allows us to. Most commonly we will use your personal data in the following circumstances.
• Process, evaluate and respond to your enquiries
• To register you as a customer
• To process and deliver your order
• To manage our relationship with you
• To perform the contract that we are about to enter into or have entered into with you
• To send you newsletters and/or industry related updates
• To make you aware of our goods and services that may be of interest to you
• To verify your identity
• To operate, evaluate and improve our business
If you do not provide personal data
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with
you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract
we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example to provide you with goods). In this case,
we may be unable to process an order for a product and fulfil our contract with you. We will
notify you at the time if this is the case.
Disclosures of your personal data
We may have to share your personal data for the purpose of fulfilling our contract with
you. These may include
• Internal third parties such as our employees or officers and legal entities within the
• External third parties including specialist IT support, suppliers and subcontractors for the
performance of our websites and our contracts.
• Courier companies to deliver your order; including DHL, Yodel, FedEx, DPD, APC,
Hermes, Royal Mail, Interlink
• Third party freight agents to deliver your goods
• Card payment solutions; including WorldPay, PayPal, First Data Merchant Solutions
• Third parties to whom we may choose to sell, transfer or merge parts of our business or
our assets. Alternatively we may seek to acquire other businesses or merge with
them. If a change happens within our business, the new owners may use your data in
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in
accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal
data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified
purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
The security of your data is very important to us and we are committed to protect the personal
information we collect about you. We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent
your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way. In
addition we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other
third parties who have a business need to know. Your personal data is processed only on our
instructions and are subject to a duty of confidentiality. We have procedures in place to deal with
a suspected date breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we
are legally required to do so.
We will only retain your data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for,
satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. To determine the length of retention
we will consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the possible risk from
unauthorised use or disclosure, the purpose for which we process your personal data and
whether we can achieve those purposes through other means and the applicable legal
Your legal rights -
• If you advise us that the data we hold about you is incorrect or incomplete we will correct
and complete the information as soon as possible
• You have the right to request that your personal data be deleted, we will delete your data
immediately unless continued retention is necessary and permitted by law
• You have the right to object to use processing your personal data where we are relying
on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your
particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you
feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. In some cases, we may
demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information
which override your rights and freedoms.
• You have the right to request that we suspend processing your personal data, but hold it
for you, in the event the data we hold is inaccurate, the processing is unlawful or we no
longer need the personal data. Once restricted, we will only continue to process your
personal data if you consent or we have legal basis for doing so
• You have the right to access information held about you and any access request will
usually be free of charge.
• You have the right to receive a copy of your personal data that you gave to us
• You may withdraw your consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process
your personal data. However this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried
out before you withdraw your consent
• We may need to request specific information from you to confirm your identity and ensure
your right to access your personal data.
• We will try to respond to legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take
us longer if your request is complex or you have made a number of requests. In this
case, we will keep you updated.
We do not store credit card details nor do we share financial details with any 3rd parties.
Email address: [email protected]
Postal Address: Giftpoint House, Mill Mead, Staines-upon-Thames, Surrey, TW18 4UQ
Should you have any concerns we would welcome the opportunity to deal with them in the first
instance. Please raise any concerns to [email protected] You have a right to make
a complaint at any time to the ICO (Information Commissioner’s Office, the UK supervisory
authority for data protection issues www.ico.org.uk
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
For the exhaustive list of cookies we collect see the List of cookies we collect section.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by letting us know using our Contact Us information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email us this request using our Contact Us information.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
The table below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store.
|Cookie Name||Cookie Description|
|FORM_KEY||Stores randomly generated key used to prevent forged requests.|
|PHPSESSID||Your session ID on the server.|
|GUEST-VIEW||Allows guests to view and edit their orders.|
|PERSISTENT_SHOPPING_CART||A link to information about your cart and viewing history, if you have asked for this.|
|STF||Information on products you have emailed to friends.|
|STORE||The store view or language you have selected.|
|MAGE-CACHE-SESSID||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|MAGE-CACHE-STORAGE||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|MAGE-CACHE-STORAGE-SECTION-INVALIDATION||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|MAGE-CACHE-TIMEOUT||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|SECTION-DATA-IDS||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|PRIVATE_CONTENT_VERSION||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|X-MAGENTO-VARY||Facilitates caching of content on the server to make pages load faster.|
|MAGE-TRANSLATION-FILE-VERSION||Facilitates translation of content to other languages.|
|MAGE-TRANSLATION-STORAGE||Facilitates translation of content to other languages.|